Sunday, 20 January 2008

rabbits of fortune.....


Knowing that intrinsically i’m fairly lazy; and also weighed down my a throat that gives me the impression of being a 40 Marlboro red’s a day person – i knew i wasn’t in the mood for starting my first photography assignment at all....but fate came calling as i wandered through the next village along the Bosphorus from my home. I’ve seen the guys before; but had always smiled bemusedly at the ridiculousness of the situation and ambled on by....fortune telling rabbits aren’t something very big where i’m from – but over here whilst they’re not the norm, they’re certainly common enough for people to walk on by.

The rabbits pluck out a piece of paper from the board with your fortune written on it – Sharon my friend visiting was informed that she was "single" and destined to be so for the rest of her life. I was informed that i was "insightful, intelligent and would soon settle down in love". I refused to swap tickets....despite threats, blackmail or offers of great riches. I think fortune telling rabbits are the way forward!

I found it quite tricky as an assignment. I hadn’t realised as a glasses wearer how much i actually rely on the autofocus functionality – i have become so adept at using it that i don’t think twice. If it wasn’t enough that i was struggling with manual focus i decide to do this just as the night is closing in – with no ability to change the ISO setting the last sets of photographs as the evening drew in were sometimes all about the place. That said, there were the occasional one that was actually quite dynamic that i would have never have achieved by other means ..... interesting....a good learning session all in.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Istanbul, Türkiye
Coming to Istanbul by accident, I’ve fallen in love with the city and have now made it my home. Dodging stray dogs, a multitude of cats and baskets descending from the sky on a daily basis I walk the streets photographing the events and life I find spread around me. Born and brought up in Wales, I’ve travelled around the world and worked extensively in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Location

Current Location:

—via Lightstalkers