Sunday, 13 January 2008


This isn’t the first blog I’ve had. My first was a travel journal where i recorded my comments as i jumped around the world with a rucksack on my back and a gap-year attitude to responsibility and expanding my horizons.......many tequilas, cocktail buckets and obscure beers later i now find myself the prospect of being slightly more introspective in my thoughts as I enter the next two years of this course......


Reading The 2 week old Observer magazine today it summed up my star sign as follows.

““Let’s all co-operate and do just what i say” is one way to summarise Libra’s attitude to life. Ready charmers, eager to please, Librans are also non-too-secret schemers and control freaks. In 2008 you can turn your charm tasers to full frequency and dash around impressing the world...... Actually delivering what you promise is another matter entirely......”


It’s not a matter really of whether that’s true or not; but more significantly that i’m secretly quite happy with that as a description....!
I don't think i have ever fallen in love with a view from a window before, but this is my view and every day i wake up and stare out over breakfast i have a problem dragging myself away. Every time i settle down to work, write this blog, or run through my photographs i find myself constantly distracted by ships. I've become the equivlant of a bloke with a thermos and a snorkel coat on the end of Crewe station platform, (btw, all future photographs don't include the pulley for the blind hanging down the middle - still, it's the only photographs with olives and a container ship that i can find......)
Back to work tomorrow, but one thing is certain, there's always something noteworthy on a day in Turkey.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Istanbul, Türkiye
Coming to Istanbul by accident, I’ve fallen in love with the city and have now made it my home. Dodging stray dogs, a multitude of cats and baskets descending from the sky on a daily basis I walk the streets photographing the events and life I find spread around me. Born and brought up in Wales, I’ve travelled around the world and worked extensively in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Location

Current Location:

—via Lightstalkers