Tuesday, 29 January 2008

assignment 1c


I had spotted the place from the bus on the way home.....late in the evening, steamy windows floor to ceiling windows, bright shiny strip lights and men lying back in chairs having a full wet shave..... I showed them some ID showing that i was a “photographer”, they looked at the photograph and motioned that they could mimic the short cut in the original photograph to my current mop......i might need to get something translated into Turkish i think? From the cold and snow outside; to the hot steam of a barbers inside - like everyone else in Turkey I only find intrigue, a curiousness and friendliness to my presence..... As they closed up I battled home down the steep hill; snow and sleet whistling around my ears........the bridge ahead of me through the snow; the Bosphorous shining away below.


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Istanbul, Türkiye
Coming to Istanbul by accident, I’ve fallen in love with the city and have now made it my home. Dodging stray dogs, a multitude of cats and baskets descending from the sky on a daily basis I walk the streets photographing the events and life I find spread around me. Born and brought up in Wales, I’ve travelled around the world and worked extensively in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Location

Current Location:

—via Lightstalkers