.jpg)
i've just arrived back from my walk through Spain and i feel in a daze as 40 days of walking 25-30kms daily, living with random people, sharing large rooms with snoring Germans, loud Italians and Americans called "Randy" have led me to arrive in London somewhat institutionalised....
The daily walks have provided the opportunity for so much thinking time you sometimes have to stop yourself going in circles……but how often have I thought that I don’t have enough time to think and here I was with 30+ days to play with….! It was part of the purpose of the trip, and time was there in huge quantities…..jpg)
The trip? Well it was mixed….
The incredible: wonderful scenery, people, sights and sounds: kindness, generosity and humbleness
The awful: extreme selfishness, arrogance, insensitivity and a daily assault on all of your 5 senses
In many ways that fact that it was the wettest Spring for 25 years meant that I couldn’t always pull my camera out when I wanted; and I think that was for the best as it gave me plenty of time to think about what I was trying to do….on the other hand a hail storm in Spain in May was not on my list of objectives for the trip….!
I have now arrived back in London to a pile of tax requests, VAT payments due, PAYE payments and other hideous admin and 24 hours to do it all in. Also booked 5 months ago with my brother and friends is a trip to Glastonbury that I need like a hole in the head; but once I’m there I know I’ll enjoy myself…on the down side I have only a little time to start, work on and complete both the written and photographic assignments….although by the same count I rarely move my arse unless there’s a timelimit gun pointing at my head so maybe that’s for the best as I can procrastinate like no one else given half a chance….my return will initiate “image” library hell !
I’ve also just found from an initial scan of my images that when I finally spotted the speck of dust on my sensor and cleaned it off; it had been there for much longer than I had thought…..darn it….
Anyway “apologies” to you all for having been so quiet whilst away – internet access was more sparse and slower than anticipated……however images will start being worked on in a weeks time on my return once more……and more detail behind them all as well.
And if anyone does fancy a drink if they’re passing through London village in the next few weeks….?
The daily walks have provided the opportunity for so much thinking time you sometimes have to stop yourself going in circles……but how often have I thought that I don’t have enough time to think and here I was with 30+ days to play with….! It was part of the purpose of the trip, and time was there in huge quantities….
.jpg)
The trip? Well it was mixed….
The incredible: wonderful scenery, people, sights and sounds: kindness, generosity and humbleness
The awful: extreme selfishness, arrogance, insensitivity and a daily assault on all of your 5 senses
In many ways that fact that it was the wettest Spring for 25 years meant that I couldn’t always pull my camera out when I wanted; and I think that was for the best as it gave me plenty of time to think about what I was trying to do….on the other hand a hail storm in Spain in May was not on my list of objectives for the trip….!
I have now arrived back in London to a pile of tax requests, VAT payments due, PAYE payments and other hideous admin and 24 hours to do it all in. Also booked 5 months ago with my brother and friends is a trip to Glastonbury that I need like a hole in the head; but once I’m there I know I’ll enjoy myself…on the down side I have only a little time to start, work on and complete both the written and photographic assignments….although by the same count I rarely move my arse unless there’s a timelimit gun pointing at my head so maybe that’s for the best as I can procrastinate like no one else given half a chance….my return will initiate “image” library hell !
I’ve also just found from an initial scan of my images that when I finally spotted the speck of dust on my sensor and cleaned it off; it had been there for much longer than I had thought…..darn it….
Anyway “apologies” to you all for having been so quiet whilst away – internet access was more sparse and slower than anticipated……however images will start being worked on in a weeks time on my return once more……and more detail behind them all as well.
And if anyone does fancy a drink if they’re passing through London village in the next few weeks….?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a good trip and I look forward to seeing the pics as you are able to edit, spot and post up. I am also procrastinating over the essay, I love reading the text and if we were aloud to just write a regular essay I think I might be OK but all this academic referencing is such a bore. Chilvers, (2008)
Jono. Congrats on the culmination your f--king long journey. I am impressed. I can barely walk to the mailbox and back without being winded. Great images and thanks for the updates. Do all of us Germans really snore?
Jono:
Thanks for the great comment on our blog and the emails to Caroline. I saw some of your pictures and they are incredible! You really do have an eye.
I still can't get the Camino out of my head. At lunch at work I usually check the Camino forums or look to update something in our blog from the trip.
after three weeks, you would think I would be past it.
Guess meeting people like you have kept me in the mindset of not wanting to give it up. Look forward to seeing more photos and your projects.
All the best and tell Martin hello for Atlanta.
Len Savini
I saw...listened to...experienced your multimedia story–very nice. Good work. It looked like an interesting experience.
Post a Comment