Saturday, 6 December 2008

My borders project.......the Gecekondus of Istanbul



As i am now settled on heading back to Istanbul; i'm 90% certain that this is my choice of subject for the Borders project.

Postscript This was my work that i showed to Ed Kashi on our tutorial yesterday which was incredibly useful. I had entered the work uncertain what to do differently and in many ways fairly happy with some of the images. I have come out the other side of the tutorial looking at the photographs in a different way and inspired to go back and explore things with a different eye. Ed was worried that he was being too critical at one point, but as Silva mentioned; she wanted criticism..... and this was excellent constructive criticism....i feel inspired anew, and excited at the prospect of going back to work on things once more.......Thanks Ed!

1 comment:

Michael Barrientos: said...

In Mexico City, they call these colonias. I think this is a good idea/very rich subject with a lot of potential.

About Me

My photo
Istanbul, Türkiye
Coming to Istanbul by accident, I’ve fallen in love with the city and have now made it my home. Dodging stray dogs, a multitude of cats and baskets descending from the sky on a daily basis I walk the streets photographing the events and life I find spread around me. Born and brought up in Wales, I’ve travelled around the world and worked extensively in the Middle East, Africa and Europe.

Location

Current Location:

—via Lightstalkers