Karadeniz Pide Kebap
The local kebab shop......but it’s not like a British kebab shop full of cholesterol laden gunk and a push towards the grave, but really healthy salad and a brilliant home made lentil soup. I’ve been in there a few times, so i know the guys now..... i had actually popped in there for dinner on the way home and was staring at the Relationships brief debating what would be my final assignment ....... a previous choice had fallen through so the thinking-cap was back on once more, when i looked up and opportunity was staring me in the face so to speak.....
I sat musing over my mug of tea to study the dynamics of the restaurant; and who out of the 4 who were working did i wish to focus on.....one was obviously the boss; when he did get up it was to go out and smoke another cigarette outside. Another was the delivery driver – the final 2 were a great match – one large and rotund and clean shaven and dressed as the cook, the other skinny and moustached....
They were happy enough subjects; and they let me stay there for a couple of hours as i tried to capture the essence of their relationship. I have to say that i found this the hardest to achieve – their interaction was low and it was more a case of capturing what was a very high level of awareness about the actions of one another as they swerved about each other in tight circumstances.....the relationship was one of high familiarity between themselves...... i don’t feel this worked as well as the other two.....
I didn’t come away feeling satisfied with this section of the assignment......it felt rushed.
The local kebab shop......but it’s not like a British kebab shop full of cholesterol laden gunk and a push towards the grave, but really healthy salad and a brilliant home made lentil soup. I’ve been in there a few times, so i know the guys now..... i had actually popped in there for dinner on the way home and was staring at the Relationships brief debating what would be my final assignment ....... a previous choice had fallen through so the thinking-cap was back on once more, when i looked up and opportunity was staring me in the face so to speak.....
I sat musing over my mug of tea to study the dynamics of the restaurant; and who out of the 4 who were working did i wish to focus on.....one was obviously the boss; when he did get up it was to go out and smoke another cigarette outside. Another was the delivery driver – the final 2 were a great match – one large and rotund and clean shaven and dressed as the cook, the other skinny and moustached....
They were happy enough subjects; and they let me stay there for a couple of hours as i tried to capture the essence of their relationship. I have to say that i found this the hardest to achieve – their interaction was low and it was more a case of capturing what was a very high level of awareness about the actions of one another as they swerved about each other in tight circumstances.....the relationship was one of high familiarity between themselves...... i don’t feel this worked as well as the other two.....
I didn’t come away feeling satisfied with this section of the assignment......it felt rushed.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Hey Jono
I really like the tomp pic of the counter man leaning while the older guy bags a kebab. Nice sense of resignation and a feeling that it's been a long night. They look like they've worked together for a while and conversation has momentarily dried up. Then again I could be reading it all wrong?
Post a Comment